Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trial Run

Today was our first trial run of bringing the critter to day care. I wanted a trial run to sort out morning rituals as well as to deal with separation anxiety.

I'm doing okay emotionally, probably because I have actually been away from the critter before. It is weird, however, to be in the house alone. I'm pretty sure I haven't done that since going into labor. I keep looking at the bouncy seat as I pass because I feel that someone should be in it.

I'm just leaving him at day care for a half day today. I'll be going to yoga at 9:30. I'll come back, shower, and have lunch before getting him.

The first thing I did after dropping him off was start trying on work clothes. Sadly, since I really haven't lost any weight (other than the initial stuff) since being pregnant I'm still going to be stuck in mostly pregnancy clothes for a while, at least from the waist down.

The trying on process really points out how messed up women's sizing is. I have a size 4 suit jacket that fits except for the top button (acceptable), but I have a size 10 jacket that is tight all over. Of course the fact that I have a size 4 jacket and a size 10 jacket (as well as others in between) is further evidence of how irregular the sizes are. It's pretty much the same with baby clothes. 0-3 months is a big range. At least I squirm less when I'm trying on my clothes.

Anyway, it is time to start eating better again. I did so well before the wedding, but I went crazy when I was pregnant. It's time to go back to what I was doing before.

No comments: