Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Better than nothing

I worked out but only just a little. Now, I will write but only just a little. But it's better than nothing, right?

The day job gets in the way. I come home with my eyes and brain tired. It's too easy to sink into the chaise and dissolve into television. The fluffier the show, the better.

I jotted down some new ideas today. I guess that's the start of returning to the writing habit. When I find more than a few minutes to work I can start developing them.

People talk of writer's block, when they can't think of what to write. I rarely have that problem. I tend to have more ideas than I can ever truly explore. And so many of my plays are not complete, even after premiere performances. I see that there are significant weaknesses and that the scripts should be revised, but it is so much more interesting to move onto the next idea. The new idea. There is always something. Maybe it's just an image or a line, but there is an idea. I feel that I am wasting them. But I am so tired and I don't know how to get more energy.

Some days I even do the right things. I don't OD on caffeine. I eat reasonably well. I get 8+ hours of sleep. Lately, however, that isn't enough to keep me from feeling that I am in a constant fog. I worry about it. I ordered some B-complex vitamins. That's supposed to help. I'm assuming it can't hurt. I've been taking vitamins, which I would think should help, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. Actually, I think this fog fell after I started taking the vitamins. Could vitamins be bad for me? I don't think so. It must be something else. Whatever it is, I want to get past it and resume my life.

No comments: