Monday, October 22, 2007

Yawning Spirituality

I believe more in the mysteries of the mind than what others ponder as the mysteries of the universe. I believe the former is, in fact, the source of the later.

People say they believe in ghosts because they have seen them or felt them. A dead relative speaks to someone in a dream; therefore, there is life after death. I don't doubt that these people saw or felt or dreamt what they say they did. I just interpret the meaning differently.

The memories of people exist in our brains. Remember that, we often dream about people who are n0t dead. We sometimes think I see things that aren't there. We sometimes get inexplicable feelings of comfort or unease. I don't believe that these are evidence of any knowing entity trying to communicate with us. But I also don't believe these are baseless hallucinations.

I do believe that our energies are connected. Changes in this energy trigger the brain to react in some way. That may be a unique experience to an individual. Or when multiple people have a shared experience they are responding to either the same stimuli or to a trickle down effect of each other stimuli. Seeing ghosts with the contagiousness of yawning.

Some people say a person "will live on in our memories." I believe in that in a much more tangible way. But I don't believe the dead are out there watching us. I just believe that we keep watching them.

This is the spirituality in which I have faith. That I am ruled by my mind, so I must worship it. I must give it time to rest and time thrive. I must nurture it and care for it. I must create a healthy temple in which it can dwell.

I believe if I lose my mind I have lost my soul. At that point I will be no better than a zombie or a dead girl.

No comments: