Monday, July 13, 2009

A morning out of sorts

Our ritual this morning was different, and I'm still not feeling quite right.

It's the daycare lady's vacation, so Granny Z is in for critter duty. This changed what needed to be done in the morning and by whom, which (particularly before having a significant amount of coffee) was enough to seriously throw me off my game.

Theoretically, the morning was a lot easier. For one, I didn't have to carry so much stuff to the car. I also didn't have to eat breakfast while breastfeeding, and I could leave for work a little later since I didn't have to stop at daycare.

On the other hand, it took a lot of thinking to figure out whether I had everything I needed since I had so little to actually take with me. I also ran around like a crazy person reminding my mom where everything was from hats for the critter to lunches for her. I spent all morning not quite knowing what I needed to do. Hopefully, I'll get more relaxed as the week goes on. (Just in time to return to the old ritual on Monday!)

It didn't help that the critter was particularly cute and snuggly this morning. It's hard to leave him regardless of who is taking care of him.

No comments: