Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Double Picture Meme

Red Pen Mama and JayCee each tagged me with similar challenges.

RPM's meme had these instructions
1. Go to the fourth picture folder on your computer.
2. Post the fourth picture in that folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag four more people.
JC's meme was the same thing with the 6th of 6th. So here they both go.

My 4th folder was labeled MSISPM after my degree program at Carnegie Mellon. The 4th picture was

We were the inaugural year of our program. There were 12 of us. Two of us were girls, but the other girl took different classes than the rest of us, didn't use the study lab with the rest of us, and never went out socially with the rest of us. As a result, I was generally thought of as the token girl, so most of the time it was me and a bunch of guys. This picture is one of many nights out. (And, in case you were wondering, the other guys had only recently explained to Pete what the "shocker" is and from that point on he would frequently make the gesture and yell "Shock and Awe!")

My 6th folder was labeled Sale because it was pictures of items I was selling on Craigslist before I left Pittsburgh. The 6th picture was

For my last 6 years in Pittsburgh, I lived in an amazing loft in condominium on the South Side. It was in an old school house. It had high ceilings, huge windows, and tons of character. I loved that space. When I saw this sofa shortly after moving in I knew it was perfect. At the time it cost more than my take home pay in a month, but it was too perfect to pass up. The oversized nature of the sofa (approximately 4' deep and 7' long) made it great for an open-plan loft but meant it did not have a chance of fitting in my one bedroom apartment in Arlington, VA. I had to get rid of it before moving. It didn't sell from my ad, but my friend Steve ended up buying it. Later he used it as a set piece when he directed a play I wrote.

Okay, from both of those I'm supposed to tag 10 people! However, I think that anyone who would do a meme already has done one of these, so I'm going to break the rules and not tag. If anyone wants to join the fun, please do.

1 comment:

MY said...

I was tempted... oh so tempted... to do this writing exercise with the photos that I know I have. But then I realized that I'm on Matt's computer (not mine) and I'm sure I'll end up trying to describe some picture that I know nothing about.

All that to say, hey Kim, do you know what music yinz used for Edward II? Do you know of anyone who would?