Friday, January 9, 2009

Well-Rounded

In the last week or so I have started to feel big. Before that I had an increasingly round belly, but I mostly felt the same. Now, there is a definite waddling-aspect to my walk, and I can feel gravity tugging down on my belly. Climbing the stairs to our 3rd floor walk-up has become an endurance challenge. This morning I looked at my belly as I got out of the shower and couldn’t help but think of Rodin’s Naked Balzac. (Luckily, the resemblance is in belly only.)

I have gained 35 pounds since getting pregnant. I was told to gain 25-35 pounds, so since I have another 10 weeks to go, so I am definitely going to end up an overachiever. Woo-hoo! (It didn't help being pregnant over the holidays when opportunities to work out were few yet opportunities to eat sugary and high-fat foods were many.)

We had another ultrasound this morning. The tech said the critter is measuring big. I’ve read that 3rd trimester ultrasounds aren’t the most accurate measures, but I’ll be anxious to hear what my midwife says about the results. On the one hand, it would be nice to meet the critter sooner as well as to have a couple fewer weeks of discomfort. On the other hand…Ack, less time to get ready! Of course, there is always the possibility that he'll wait until closer to the original date but be HUGE. Thank goodness for yoga!

I guess only time will tell for sure when this little (big?) guy decides to come out and meet us and how big I’ll get before that happens.


No comments: