Friday, December 7, 2007

I am a bear

Bears hibernate in the winter. There is a bit of that in me, too. I find it difficult to motivate in the winter. The cold and the whiteness of the snow make me want to snuggle under a blanket, only getting up to make a new mug of tea. I do not want to *do things.* I don't want to go out. I don't want to do things around the house. I just don't want to.

When I mentioned that I hadn't written much since moving to Chicago a friend told me "you'll write a lot in the winter." His point was that I wouldn't be going out as much, so I would stay at home and write. The problem is that I don't want to write when I am home either. Or clean. The house is in the worse shape it has been since before we unpacked. My to do list is growing not shrinking.

I need to find a way to work this out. I need to finally do the work that my laptop needs, so that I can use it while sitting on the chaise under the blanket. Or, I can bundle in comfy layers as I sit at my desk. Something. I need to survive this winter with something to show for it. Otherwise I may as well hibernate. I could use the sleep.

No comments: