Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Honorable Mention Hidden in a Rejection

I just got a rejection email from the Moving Arts One-Act Competition. Well, I thought it was a rejection email. The first part definitely was. Then it listed the winner, and the finalists, and the honorable mentions. Hey, that's my play "A Skewed Nude" at the top of the list of honorable mentions!

Now, getting an honorable mention is not winning. My play will get no production and no prize money (if there is any to be had). Still, I would think that being one of 16 honorable mentions out of a reported 250+ submissions would merit some sort of congratulatory email rather than what is obviously the general "thanks for your submission, but..." email. Not that I'm ungrateful. I'm happy for the acknowledgment. I'm just glad I read the entire message.

1 comment:

Jack Petersen said...

Hey Kim,

Check this site out - see what ya think.

http://www.dramaticpublishing.com/submissions.php