Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I still exist

So getting back in the habit of writing--making time to write--obviously hasn't been working. Sure, I've done a little since I posted last. I started a rewrite of one of my full lengths (about 7 pages...not much). I jotted down notes for about 3 one acts in my journal. Still, I haven't been doing much. I haven't even been posting here, which is supposed to be the *easy* part since I just need to do it and not complete some sort of amazing piece of Art.

I'd say I've been busy, which I have, but that's still an excuse. I need to find the time to do what is important. I think perhaps my lack of writing time has been why I've felt so at sea these last few weeks. Of course that's a death spiral. Not writing makes me feel purposeless, listless, and just plain less. When I feel that way I don't write.

This is why, even though I don't have much time to regale you, loyal reader, with profundity or amusing anecdotes, I still logged on. I needed to put words on this little screen with the expectation that more will follow. And they will. I am presently a lapsed writer. I will restore my discipline and my focus and then look out!

No comments: