Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Missed Connection - March 5, 8:25 AM

I saw you on the Purple Line heading North. You were wearing a black puffy coat. Yes, that could be anyone on the train in Chicago in winter (even me on some days), but you--you were wearing red leather gloves and carrying a matching bag. Oh, those red leather gloves, perfectly forming around you hands. You looked like a highly fashionable murder. Those gloves could strangle. Those gloves could tighten a rope or wield a knife. Is that what the red bag is for? Is that your murder kit? Were you on your way to kill someone or was that before?

I have learned many things from crime shows, including that there are very few female serial killers. You are special. Do you know that? But still, I hope you won't mind if I ask: after choosing such quality and striking pieces like your signature gloves and bag why--oh, why do you wear those horrible shoes? Sorry. I just had to mention it. Kill me.

No comments: