Thursday, April 17, 2008

16 Days

16 Days. That's just slightly over two weeks. That's all the time I have before the wedding. And it's starting to get hectic.

I'm a project manager by trade, and I think I've managed the wedding project pretty well. I have lists and spreadsheets and loyal helpers. Still, there is stuff that can't really be done until the attend (particularly until all the RSVPs are in...which still hasn't happened).

Plus, there are extra chaos things. My birthday is coming up. I don't mind birthdays, but this year it seems like an added distraction. John's birthday is right after the wedding, so I'm trying to get that taken care of ahead of time as well.

I also just learned that two retirement accounts I have from previous jobs will be "much more complicated" to roll over once I'm married. I'd like to get that taken care of, but it may just have to wait for the "much more complicated" option, particularly since I can't find my info for how to log into either system. Just an added thing.

And work is busy. I have a system going live tomorrow, but it's main test (end of month activities) will occur while I am away. I have to do my best to prepare everyone ahead of time. Another system we plan to go live next month, which means the inital activity in the system will occur when I am not here. I have to prepare those people as well.

Anything else? Who knows? Well, I do have to clean up my chaotic house a bit since some of our guests are staying there. When do they arrive? When do they leave? I don't know. That's another thing to check.

I'm not worried or nervous or having cold feet (at least not yet). I'm not even that frazzled. There is a lot to do, but it is manageable. It will just be a very busy 16 days. I'll definitely need a few days at the beach when it's done!

No comments: