Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring!

It's been Spring for 3 days now. Okay, I know the calendar says it's been Spring for longer than that, but Chicago was a little slow to respond. And, although this is only my first year in the city, I know enough about Chicago weather to realize that Spring may not be here to stay. Still it's very nice.

On Saturday, the weather was lovely for walking around to check out party rooms in the area of the wedding. Our original after party location flaked out on us, but I think we are actually going to end up with a better location for the same money. So there!

On Sunday, we took the opportunity to sit on our balcony, drink beer, eat peanuts, play dominoes, and talk. Actually, it was a little chilly. We have a north facing balcony and without direct sunlight it was probably only in the low 50s. Still, with jackets it wasn't bad, although after few games we gave up and went back inside. Still, we did it. Soon we'll be able to sit outside all the time. Yay!

Today, I wore a light jacket and no gloves or hat for the first time in a long time. Even days that got warmer in the afternoons were still in the 30s on the morning commute, but today it was 50. Lovely.

Like I said, I realize that a cold front could come back any moment. I won't pack the sweaters and scarves yet. All I can do is enjoy each day as it comes, and these days have been quite enjoyable. If the weather can be like this for the wedding it will be wonderful!

No comments: