Monday, June 15, 2009

Better use of 15 minutes

I didn't make this mistake again. This morning I had 15 extra minutes again, so I put the critter in the stroller and went for a little walk. We just went to the mailbox and then to the coffee shop to get momma some coffee and zucchini bread, but it was nice to have a little time. The critter had fallen asleep while I brushed her teeth and packed the day's milk, but he woke up for the walk. It was nice to have him awake so I could interract with him during the extra time, although watching him sleep is a joy, too.

I love my baby.

Our walk was so nice it almost made it okay to be Monday. Almost. This was a particularly nice weekend with two nice sunny days to go to Midsommarfest. (I blew my diet a bit on festival food, but it's good for the soul to have funnel cake at least once a year, right?) Mom, Dad, and Critter all got goodies, too. Hubby bought me a bracelet and himself a funky belt buckle. One of the posh kids stores in our neighborhood is going to be an online only business, which is sort of sad, but it meant a super sale. The critter got a fun stuffed bunny, a fashionable onesie, and blocks (for when he's older but at 50% off it was worth buying and storing them).

Looking forward to critter's first summer.

No comments: