Monday, June 8, 2009

Messy Morning

So, I knew something like this would happen some morning, but I thought it would happen to me. The critter spit up his breakfast. All over dad.

Dad is in charge of feeding critter formula, changing the diaper, and getting the baby dressed while mommy starts getting ready. (Normally we do formula AFTER breastfeeding, but in the morning this made more sense since hubby leaves before I do.) This has worked fine, but this morning while critter spit up most of his formula all over dad. Unfortunately, it is a rainy day; otherwise, hubby would have been in a tshirt and shorts ready to bike to work. Instead, he was actually in one of his nice, custom-fit, dress shirts and khakis. Spit up formula was all over his shirt, his pants, and the kitchen floor. I took care of the floor while hubby changed.

After all that, critter had very little interest in feeding off the breast. He wanted to play instead. I'll be interested in the report from daycare. It's definitely a different sort of day.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Too funny. At least once a week Colin will spit up on me a little. Sometimes it will have been an hour since he ate too! I think it is his way of telling me that he really did not like the outfit!