Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Longest sleep yet!

The little one slept through the night. He slept from 9 PM until just as I was getting up to feed him. Sadly, on my current schedule that’s 5:30 AM, but that’s a lot more palatable when I wasn’t just up at 4 AM.

Okay. So I still woke up at 4 AM, but I was slightly more calm about it than I was last time.

The morning feeding was thrown off a bit by this new development. Normally, his dad feeds him a bottle while I am in the shower, and I finish off with breastfeeding right before we head to daycare. This morning I decided to feed him off the breast first. I hadn't breastfed or pumped since 8 PM, so I was really full. I make so little milk that I can't stand to see any go down the shower drain, so I fed him just enough to stop the leaking. That made him less interested in the bottle when dad tried to feed him. Then, when I would normally do the last minute breastfeeding, he wasn't interested in the breast but took the rest of his bottle. I warned the daycare lady that his schedule will likely be a bit off today. I'll happily figure out a new morning feeding routine if it means sleeping through the night becomes a the norm!

I’m still tired though.

No comments: