Friday, June 26, 2009

Shameless Self-Promotion: 10 Minute Plays in Macon, Ga.

Literary Arts Theatre Festival – 10-minute plays
Monday, June 29 (ONE NIGHT ONLY)
567 Cherry Street, Macon, Georgia
$3 at the door

I have two plays in this festival of staged readings of seven 10-minute plays. The program is split into two programs. The "family friendly" plays start at 7 PM, and the "mature audience" plays start at 9 PM. I have a show in each half.

My "family friendly" selection is "Serenity Lounge Anxiety." This is a 10-minute cutting of a longer one-act play about the very intimate relationships that can develop with one's massage therapist. Neither the 10-minute version nor the full one-act have had any prior performances, so I'm disappointed to miss the opportunity to hear this done.

My "mature" selection is "With a View of Gray Street." This comedy about a man looking for a very specific apartment premiered at Future Tenant's Future Ten festival in 2006.

I'm amused that this wound up in a "mature audiences" (Warning!) section. I don't consider that play to be particularly racy. I specifically held back some of my more provocative works since I figured they would be too much for Macon!

My dad's play "Girl's Night Out" is also a part of the "mature" portion of the evening. Our family has 3 plays out of 7. Not bad.

If you happen to be in Macon on Monday, please check it out!

No comments: